YEAH it's Monday and that means it's friend Makin' Monday with Kasey, go visit her for all the details.
This week is all about sharing. Hmmm do I share? Heck I don't know if I even play well with others. It's a good thing its about sharing a few of my favorite things not actually sharing my favorite things, there's such a difference!
The challenge is to make a list of 10 things I absolutely could not live without and why.
Ok to make this list not the same as lists I have already shared, my husband, children, friends, dogs...I'm going to try to stretch inside my own head a bit, which is always a scary thought!
1. Quiet. I love the sound of silence. Right now the only sounds I hear are the washing machine spinning, the thumping of the clothes in the dryer, Deja breathing, she's lying next to my chair, and the voices in my head. I do not think I could live with constant noise and chaos around me, as loud and outgoing as I am I need me some quality quiet time!
2. Insulated coffee mugs. I hate cold coffee unless it's meant to be cold. I have them in multiple colors and one for every season and or holiday. I set one next to the coffee pot each night when I get the coffee ready to go for the morning.
3. My hearing. The thought of never hearing my children laugh or my husband say I love you again is terrifying to me!
4. My pictures. I love taking pictures, I so wish I were better at it. My pictures are irreplaceable. I have all of them saved on my computer, an external hard drive and burned to discs. My heart breaks for people that have lost their pictures in floods or fires!
5. My sense of humor and extreme sarcasm. I love that I'm sarcastic and that people find me funny, it's my defense mechanism. When something is going wrong around me I turn to humor every time!
6. Arbonne Figure 8~the whole line! Girls let me just be honest for a minute...I have more cheese on the cheeks of my ass than Publix has in its dairy isle! This crap works, it would be much more effective if I were actually working out, you know moving the jiggly parts is really a must! Whatevah! If I did not use this stuff a small child could actually get lost in one of my ass dimples! For real!
7. Car rides with Deja. She loves going with me and I love having her companionship~she doesn't say much! She sits in the front seats next to me like a human and will sometimes stick her head out of the sunroof.
8. The innocence and humor of my daughters. Example~ here's a brief recap of our dinner conversation last night.
Peanut- I want to have kids but I don't want to do the "thing" to get them.
Honey- Oh Lordy, this is not happening!?!? Slinking down into her seat.
Me- Well Peanut you can't have one without the other.
Peanut- Mommy, you didn't want to do the "thing" did you?
Me-uncomfortable silence, sheepish grin and a sly look towards Babe.
Peanut-Oh...you DID want to do the "thing"...MOMMY!
Babe- How did this happen? Who wants more chips and salsa?
Obviously I have had "the talk" with Peanut. She asked and I gave her the watered down 9 year old version. When a child is old enough to ask they're old enough the hear the truth. If you don't tell them they will get their answers somewhere else and they may not get the real truth. Sadly, I learned that the hard way and it's very hard to undo!
9. Zipp Fizz. I love orange Zipp Fizz with a little Vanilla coffee creamer in it, it tastes just like a creamsicle! I drink 2 a day, it has all my vitamins in it and gives me some much needed energy.
10. Napping. I love a good nap! One of my favorite things is to crawl on the couch under a comfy blanket and sleep for an hour or so. I feel refreshed and ready for the second half of my day. Although this is sometimes not an option because of #9.
Happy Friend Makin' Monday Y'all!