When asked by one of me dearest friends "how do you get it all done in the morning, in such a short amount of time" I decided to share my morning routine. My tips for a.m. success if you will.
We need to walk out the door by 7:40. We don't crawl out of bed anytime before 7:15. That includes breakfast, beds made (usually) hair flat ironed and teeth sparkling clean and fresh. We only have one tardy on the report card! Not a bad record huh?
I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!
MY GIRLS ARE NOT MORNING PEOPLE!
I would prefer to not even utter a word until after I've been up for an hour or so. I admire those Moms that can get up before their kids, have their quite time, a cup of coffee and be charged and ready to go when their little darlings wake up.
That's just not me!
I love to sleep.
I need my sleep.
I must sleep!
If I've learned anything over my 14 years of Mothering and 10 years of getting up for school it's that the snooze button is your friend! Monday through Friday it is my very best friend.
Now my husband can get up and within minutes be ready to face the day and have the ability to carry on a complete conversation. The girls and I...NOT SO MUCH! It is one of his most annoying character traits! SERIOUSLY!
So to help alleviate any additional stress in the morning I have everything possible done the night before. When I do not live by this routine I become "that" Mom. Yelling is one of my biggest downfalls as a Mother and it is no way for anyone to start their day.
Angry and Confused Husband
So if you are a person that lives by a clock that looks like mine...
Here are 5 easy steps that I promise will help.
1. Have that coffee ready to pour as soon as you walk in the kitchen. If you do not own a coffee pot with a timer, get one! This one grinds the coffee beans fresh every morning which also works as an additional alarm clock ~ It's so freaking loud!
2. Prep breakfast, scrambled eggs was on the morning menu here. The eggs, milk, salt and pepper were already in the Magic Bullet and set in the fridge ready to place on the Bullet for easy mixing. If they're having cereal it's in the bowl sealed with Press N Seal, waffles ~ everything sitting out and ready to go, you get the picture.
3. The skillet is on the stove with the Pam and spatula, everything is ready to go. I know this may seem a little over board but when you and mornings mix like we do every step removed from the morning is a true blessing!
4. The place mat is already set, ready for breakfast to be served. I flat iron Peanut's hair while she eats ~ Honey takes care of her own.
5. Lunches are prepacked. My girls refuse to eat the school lunch, you would think they were serving slump~ who knows though. Since it's been so cold Peanut has been eating soup, it's all ready to be warmed (I rarely use the microwave), placed in the thermos and set in the lunch box.
While teeth are being brushed I'm throwing on a bra (on my good mornings) and getting in the car. I always take Peanut to school in my jammies, no one can see me right? Honey rides the bus and it doesn't leave until 8:30. Having her old enough to do her own thing is such a blessing. I'm sure I would be singing another tune if I had multiple little ones going at the same pace. I so respect my friends with 3 elementary students ~ ya'll rock! And my working out of the home friends ~ you WOW and AMAZE me ~ SERIOUSLY ~ You are amazing!
What are your tips for morning success? ~ I'm always up for new suggestions!
5 weeks ago