Thursday, October 13, 2011

BOO TO YOU!

I am finally finished with my Halloween decorations! My house was starting to look like something from the TLC channel with boxes, packaging material, dog hair and trash strewn everywhere! 

I started by putting all of my Fall decorations on the dining room table, then I slowly unpacked and set out my Halloween goodies. I put the Fall decor in the bins and stacked them in the garage until it's time to switch back to Fall the first of November. My house is not "normal" from September 1st through the first of the new year.

I'm not going to bore you with a dozen pictures of my house and my mild addiction to Halloween but if you'd like to see it you can go here. I will however share a few new things. 

I found these cute jars {I don't do cute for Halloween so I filled them with moss, bugs and eyeballs} over at The Polka Dot Diva, go visit my friend Amy for a complete tutorial. 

I also added this centerpiece to mix. I found Alderberry Hill through one of Vivienne's tweets and I'm thrilled I did. I changed mine up just a bit but I still think it amazing! 



I once again spray painted sticks black and sliver but this year I added a crow and changed up the apothecary jar.

A little left over floral moss and a bag of mini skeleton hands did the trick. 

With the left over hands I changed a red candle to a spooky addition to the table at the entrance. I spray painted the candle metallic silver and while it was still wet I hit the top with black and let it run down the sides. When it was still a bit tacky I gave it another coat of silver and then just hot glued the hands to the side when it was completely dry. 


I also painted a few candles black and then added a little silver ribbon and some jewels. When I picked it up it was stick sticky so the black came off on my fingertips, I thought it made it look cool so I left it.


The mantle is always my hard spot. It's not deep enough to set large things on and since it painted with a high gloss paint it's very slick. I painted a 12x24 canvas and although I love it I think it needs to be larger for this spot, maybe next year.


While setting up the mantle the skull fell and broke, at first I was bummed but then I made lemonade from my lemons, I actually like it better broken! 

 The last things I made were these potion bottles from a few empty Patron bottles that I found in the neighbors yard, I seriously would never have consumed that much Patron! I downloaded my desired artwork from here and here, printed them on clear full label sheets, cut them out and stuck them on. It was super easy! 


I love lighting all of the candles at night, even if no one is here, I do it just for me! 

15 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

Girl, you are crazy talented! I'm so jealous. AM I THE ONLY ONE IN OUR AUSTIN GROUP THAT ISN'T CREATIVELY TALENTED? Ugh.

I really love the look of all of it! And the painting? OMG! So good!

MiMi said...

Okay, it's supposed to look creepy or scary, right? But, I tell ya, I think it's cute! And that's not bad!! I love the painting!

Connie said...

I love that house thing on your mantel!! I miss having a mantel.

AND I love those jars! I need some patron so I can make them!

Heather's Happenings said...

Those are some seriously awesome decorations. All I have done Halloween wise is a few pumpkins out on the porch.

Sarah Gill said...

It's awesome, I love it! Halloween is so much fun!
Thank you so much for the shout out, I really appreciate it!
Happy Halloween!

Cole said...

Wow!!! I completely slack off in my Halloween decorating. If my house could look half as good as yours - I'd totally get my rear in gear. :-)

Johanson Family said...

The candle turned out great and all the deco is awesome.. creepy with the skeleton's but I'm a scardie cat...

missy. said...

aw way cool. that candle is bomb.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Ack! I love, love, love this! It's fabulous! Pinning... tweeting... etc. LOVE!

Shannon@FoxHollowCottage said...

Hi! Found ya from the V spot. Everything is so stinking cute. I feel ya on the mantle. Mine is shallow too :(

But your's looks amazing!!

Myya said...

You know you being crazy talented makes me hate you a little. Gorgeous decorations. I want to live at your house.

Xazmin said...

I LOVE your decor! I especially love the skeleton hands on the candles.

Is it sad that I have filled sooooo many Halloween costume orders, that I'm just sort of over Halloween already?

Dang.

Date Girl said...

Your decorations are AMAZING!! I think you and me in a Michael's craft store would be a very dangerous thing indeed. You put my lil decorating to shame. I need to take lessons. I love your painting on the mantle. The broken scull does look great!

I can't wait to move to our house where I will actually have room to add to my holiday decorations. I can't wait to see what you bust out for Christmas!

becca said...

wow love the way you decorated bet your the most popular house on the block

Andrea said...

How cute!! I love all your Halloween decorating! I used to decorate for Halloween but I had a baby this year and she's my excuse for not doing anything, ha! Have a great day! ~Andrea
http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

 
Blog Design by April Showers