Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TTUT ~ enough already!


Seriously Shawn


It's Tuesday and that means it's time for TTUT with my girl IA

I already wish it were Friday! I think if I were to break my day into pieces I could write a really good country song!  

My Fall decor is down and my Halloween is up, I love, love, love decorating for Halloween! You can see proof of my obsessions here and here. I was almost done cleaning, my normal Monday chore, when I heard Peanut call for me in a very strange way. Immediately after I heard Honey repeatedly asking, "Peanut, what's wrong? Talk to me!". That made Babe and I move a little quicker...more quick...quickly...whatever.  When I heard Peanut crying I ran. Peanut doesn't cry, she's one seriously tough chick! We found her laying on the floor outside of her bedroom holding her ankle crying over and over again, "I heard it pop, I heard it pop". 

Her right ankle was already twice its normal size.

Babe carried her to the couch while Honey grabbed ice packs and I ran to get out of my cleaning clothes. There was not a doubt in my mind that it wasn't good.

By the time most of you are reading this I am hoping to be at the Ortho as the doctors at After Hours Pediatrics are confidant she has broken her fibula at the growth plate.

I try to be a half glass full kind of girl but truth be told, I'm not seeing the silver lining in this one. I'll keep looking though.

When you add Honey getting caught in a downpour with the top and doors off of her Jeep, Babe eating something at dinner that didn't agree with him, and my back feeling like an elephant is sitting on me to my day you can understand why I had a margarita with dinner and a Percocet when I got home right? If not please just lie! 


Here's the culprit, a crazy ball used to teach catching on a bounce was hiding beneath her pillow. 

20 minutes later she officially had a cankle just like IA! 


A temporary cast was put on either side and secured with a bandage. Please pray that I can get in to see the Ortho today! 

 I can't decode what she's more worried about not playing softball for 6-8 weeks or not seeing her boyfriend tomorrow at school. 


Until I'm back please link up. Although I may not comment I will read your posts so please make them happy and preferable funny...I could really use it!  




Miss Jill...I have your gift, it's been riding in the back seat of my car for 5 days now. I AM SO SORRY! I will add a little something extra to it to make it worth the wait!




14 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Ohhhhhh! Poor Peanut! I seriously started crying when I read that she was crying. OMG I hope she's OK and that it won't be a long healing process. ((HUGZ!!))

Wait, what? You only had one Margarita and Percocet when you got home? You totally deserved much, much more. ;)

Sheesh what a day you had! Peanut's ankle pop, Honey's drenching, Babe's intestinal turmoil and your piggy-back elephant - it's a wonder you're still sane. :)



Sleepyhead, Crazy Sky Diver, Google Fun, Body By Vi Update & Crispy Sculpey: RTT Rebel

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

Oohhh sounds like a nasty break. I wish you all a speedy recovery. Thanks for hosting and have a great (speedy) week.

allstarme said...

Ooof, hope she gets to feeling better!

VandyJ said...

I'm impressed all you had was a margarita and a percocet, I'd have headed straight for the shots--tequila shots, although I hate them so maybe Captain shots? In honor of Impulsive who can't have any right now.

Mrs. Match said...

Omg poor peanut! Her arm heals and now this! Get well soon! And what is this about a boyfriend?!

Gina said...

Poor girl! That looks nasty. Good luck going forward.

Just Keepin It Real, Folks! said...

You should have just skipped dinner and gone straight for the hard liquor. Thank you for hosting!

becca said...

oh no poor Peanut hope she is feeling better soon and give her a big hug for me

Heathers Happenings said...

I hope you can get Peanut in the Ortho today.

Red Stethoscope said...

Sorry about Peanut! What a hassle! I'm linked up and threw in a funny story that will hopefully make you smile :)

Julia P F said...

Poor Peanut! That's awful. Also that is the weirdest looking ball thingy ever! It's a weapon!

Impulsive Addict said...

I didn't remember posting a comment on yours and I just looked. YOU DIDN"T LINK UP!

I'm so sorry that you ended up BACK in a doctors office. I'm so glad it's not broken. I bet she's relieved too.

That pic of the "ball" looks like a brain. Or a swollen ball sack...but how the hell did she hurt her ankle if it was under her pillow? I'm picturing her jumping on her bed.

Thanks for the cankle shout-out. Bitch.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Ouch! That looks like it seriously hurts. I hope that she recovers quickly.



MiMi said...

So glad I read the other post first and know it's not broken!

 
Blog Design by April Showers