Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Talk To Us Tuesday ~ IA has left the building


It's Tuesday which can only mean one thing...it's time to start talkin'! 

Hopefully y'all know that my partner in crime IA is now one of my dearest friends, even though she sends my daughter and husband inappropriate texts on a regular basis. I'm sure you also know that she was here for her second visit last week. She too has written her TTUT post about her visit and although it's good, and funny as hell, my side of the story differs slightly. Make sure to visit her today and tell her I said "hey bish, what's up?".

Proof that she does in fact like to teeter back and forth on the line of good and evil!  

Last time IA was here she had less than desirable rooming, I believe she was more than a little disappointed to not have a closet to hang her stuff in or a drawer to place her panties in. This time those amenities were available for her, in the newly decorated guest "suite", but she had no use for them since she left her luggage in her garage! That's right, it appears as if that precious baby boy that's growing inside her and causing her ankles to need their own zip code is sucking up every spare brain cell she has!


Being such a caring friend I ran to the store before going to the airport, I did after all now have an extra 3 hours to burn since her flight was delayed, and bought her a new pair of jammies. I know, I know, I'm forever the thoughtful one!

Once she was finally settled, and wearing a new outfit she bought on the way home from the airport, we were able to finally start our long weekend. We went to one of my favorite little restaurants for breakfast/lunch before going to the spa for massages and facials. We failed epically at taking pictures on Thursday {really every day, sigh}, we were both total slackers! I warned her that the spa I was taking her to would scare her from the parking lot but awe her once inside. I hope I was right...

Friday was a day of shopping! I was having a great day burning up Babes credit card, I may have even frightened my friend just a little with my mad skills!  I think I was so intimidating that her making me call her Princess the rest of the day was one way she could feel better about herself. I guess if the crown fits... 

Saturday was spent at the softball fields....of course. Babe scheduled a last minute tournament and I had no intention of going but she insisted that we go. She knows that I love watching Peanut play so she gave up a large portion of her vacay to sit in the heat with me and listen to a group of caged {literally} 12 and 13 year old girls scream softball chants for hours! Peanut loved the attention and played very well, in fact they won the Championship that weekend!

Sunday we were back at the fields and by now it was I'm sure irritating as hell for her to sit there but she did. I'm afraid she was texting everyone she knew telling them how miserable she was at this point and that her flight home couldn't come fast enough! 

We left before the last game ended and enjoyed lunch with Honey. There is a picture of the three of us but we have been threatened with our lives if we share it...teenagers! 

Hopefully 1 game on Thursday, 3 on Saturday and 2 1/2  on Sunday wasn't enough to make her never want to visit me again! I felt horrible that so much ball was in the mix but with her making baby-boy-no-name there really wasn't much else to do other than just hang out. She shared my life with me for 5 days, bickering girls, endless trips to Publix, a WalMart run, a husband losing his temper {a rarity really}, a night out with my friends, a last minute gathering at my house, and 3 very nosey and large dogs. I'm beyond confident that she was never more thrilled to see her quite house, always under control husband and darling little Emma Kate!

Thanks for another great visit friend, next time I'm coming to you! 




You're linking up today right? Remember anything goes so give me something good! Next week there may be a little prize given away so link up! 







17 comments:

Daisy said...

Wowie wow, you've got some fantastic pyjama finding skills!!
Looks like you guys had a great time, that spa looks heavenly.

Stacie said...

Looks like fun...but no need to send me any pj's for Christmas if that is how your taste runs!

allstarme said...

Looks like fun!

Stacy Uncorked said...

You two are not only both so stinkin' cute, but you're both hysterical! :)

LOVE the guest room/suite - can I come stay there, too? ;)

I'm still cracking up over the mu mu you got for her...I mean nightgown.

The spa was a brilliant idea after the stress she went through (and the missing brain cells) to travel to you - just what the doctor ordered I bet!


Crazy Christmas in September, Maytag and Oster Rock, and a Pessimistic Princess Nagger

Nadine Hightower said...

I love that moo moo!!

Nicole said...

That moomoo is hilarious :). Glad y'all had a blast!

VandyJ said...

The muumuu is perfect--even the ankles would fit in something like that.
Looks like a good time was had by all.
Must admit to slight jealous pangs, but maybe one day.

Chell said...

Looks like a great time! Totally lovin' the colors in your guest room!

Jill said...

LOVE the jammies you bought her... haha! tooo funny!!

I don't know about IA, but my idea of fun is sitting around a ball field for three days. Well, I guess I'd prefer watching handsome young men over 13-year-old girls, but still... ball games are a blast, I'm sure she didn't mind!! :)

Glad to hear you ladies had such a good time!

MiMi said...

OMG, IA is so adorable all preggo!!!
And you are killing me with that moomoo!! LOL!!!

sarita edgerton said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! Not sure about the moo moo, though!

Jessica McCoy said...

Love the PJs!! haha

Looks like it was a fun time!

Julia P F said...

Beautiful guest room! It's always that clean, right?!

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm KILLING Honey. She is such a rat. Can she not keep anything to herself?? Inappropriate texts are just my thing. I like 'em that way. Deal with it.

My room was not less than desirable last time! It was FINE! But I was also very happy with the new digs. It's all kinds of fancy in there!

M may have been slightly turned on of my new nightgown which is just disturbing. I guess I owe you another thanks.

I had a great time! It didn't matter what we did--it was all fun! Love hangin' with my Boo. I'm thinking about changing your pet name to something that doesn't remind me of Little Honey Boo Boo Pants or whatever that girls name is.

xoxo

Mrs. Match said...

That guest room looks fabulous. Definitely a home away from home. Lucky IA! :-) Looks like you two had a great time together!

Becca @ R We There Yet Mom? said...

Like I told IA, y'all are a mach made in heaven!!

XOXO

Emmy said...

It is always so fun to read both of your perspectives of the same trip. My parents are coming to visit soon and I have warned them that our life is full of soccer now so don't expect to be entertained much.

I want a spa day!

 
Blog Design by April Showers