Monday, November 5, 2012

Talk To Us Tuesday ~ Senior Homecoming


Seriously Shawn

It's been a very busy week and once again Tuesday has snuck up on me!

I have big news. Have you been to my partner IA's blog yet? If not go now, I guest posted today.

So exciting right!

Saturday was Honeys homecoming and we hosted dinner. I had about 30 kids, plus parents, here for pictures and then 22 for dinner. It was a bit crazy, especially when the chocolate fountain decided to break, I hate when things don't run smoothly, but all in all it was a success!

She was stunning if I don't say so myself!  

One of the best decisions I made was hiring a professional photographer. She did Honey's hair and makeup, a private photo session with her, and then came back to the house and spent a little over an hour taking pictures of the kids around the pool and in the yard. I cannot wait to see how they turned out. I've been stalking her website all day waiting for those and the family pictures she took the following day.  Patience is not one of my strengths. 

Here are a few pictures that I took in-between searching the attic for fondue pots to replace the broken chocolate fountain, picking up a missed pile {or ten} of pooh in the yard while the photographer placed kids around them, visiting with the parents, drinking a glass {or ten} of sangria, and making sure everything was running smoothly in the kitchen. Thank God my Mom was there, she is my life saver working the kitchen for almost every event I host. I love you Mom!

Babe and I moved all of the furniture out of the living room and turned it into a cafe.

I made photo collages of every guest including pictures of them from prior homecomings. Another parent cut pieces of wood, glued legs to the bottom, and drilled holes in the middle for me to use as photo holders which also served as table centerpieces. I painted them, twisted wire to hold the pictures and placed the wires in the holes. The parents loved the collages, especially the boys Moms, and took them with them as they left.

I painted wooden numbers and glued them inside of cheap picture frames that I spray painted silver. I took extra pictures and made "garland" to jazz up the fireplace a little. I will use these again for graduation, it was a nice touch.


I loved Honeys idea to use the numbers as a prop!

With all of the confusion of the broken chocolate fountain I failed to get pictures of the food. It wasn't anything spectacular, the boys wanted Chick Fil A and the girls wanted salad from Olive Garden, so you're not missing much. The best part of the table was the chocolate fountain and everything set out for dipping and that, as I might have mentioned a time or two already, was an epic fail.

I'll share more pictures as soon as I get them back, I cannot wait to see what she did. She is the hottest photographer in the area, we totally scored getting her! 

So now that I have homecoming behind me, and completely inundated you with pictures, I can start looking forward to the next big event at my house...Christmas. Do you know that Christmas is in just 48 day? That right there freaks me out! I need to start shopping!

Link up and be sure to visit IA!







18 comments:

Daisy said...

Wowie...I LOVEEEEE all the hard work you put in, those photo collages are a fantastic idea!
Great photo with the numbers and the girls all look amazing! Honey look stunning :)
Only 48 days...eeek.

Cathy Kennedy said...

WOW, you sure went all out for Honey's Senior homecoming! Her dress is really beautiful and all of the little perks you pulled together for the event are just fabulous. I know it was a huge success with lots and lots of happy kids. Way to go, MOM!

Thanks for hosting and having me!

Cathy Kennedy's Blog

Arlene said...

She looks gorgeous! Great job on the party! Can't wait to see the pics!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Ohhhhhhh WOW! You sure went out for Honey's homecoming, didn't you? Best Mom EVER!! I'm taking notes for when Princess Nagger's homecoming happens 7 or 8 years from now - such awesome ideas!! And Honey looks stunning!


Sandy Clean Up, Rescued Wine, Headless Dino Port Sippers, Nobel Tidbit: RTT Rebel

allstarme said...

That's a really cool idea, the restaurant thing. Very nice!

Heathers Happenings said...

Honey is absolutely beautiful! You did an amazing job the homecoming dinner.

VandyJ said...

Looks like an amazing time!

Jessica McCoy said...

I love her dress!! She looked beautiful. Hopefully they all had a great time!

Miss Angie said...

She looks so pretty!

Jill said...

Your daughter looks amazing! And you went to so much work for this special occasion, you get Mom of the Year for sure!! Even with the chocolate fountain issues. ;) Patience is not one of my strong suits either, so I hear you...hopefully you get to see the pictures soon, I'm sure they'll be awesome!

Mrs. Match said...

I love the photo collages! What a great idea! Honey looks amazing. Can't wait to see the professional photos!

Stacie said...

Love all the photos that you used to decorate with...and Honey looks so pretty!

MiMi said...

Are you sure those gorgeous girls aren't all 25?

Annie D said...

I would never have thought to do so much for homecoming, props to you!

This is my 1st time joining your link up, and I think I'll be back next week :)

Nicole said...

She does look beautiful and you can host my next event!!

Impulsive Addict said...

Honey is always stunning but she was extra stunning for homecoming. Unless you help me plan a party, my kids (as in PLURAL!!!) are screwed. Poor things. I hate that the fountain didn't work. That stinks. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics!

Thank you again for posting for me! I owe you! Love your face! xoxo

becca said...

sorry i'm so late but wanted to pop in to say how beautiful Honey looks simply stunning

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I just LOVE the cafe and all of the photos. How special! Honey will remember that always. (I'm getting a little tear-y eyed here.)

 
Blog Design by April Showers