Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TTUT ~ I'm late, I'm late for a very important date....


Seriously Shawn



I'm late to my own party which should really come to no surprise to anyone who really knows me. I'm always late, no matter how hard I try not to be. I was even late to my own wedding, almost thirty minutes late, people where starting to talk! That's another story in itself, all I'll say for now is that it involved a left behind blusher, a sweet brother who raced back home for it only to find blush, and a love affair between my 80's pink lipstick and the front of my gown...

I digress.

My partner in crime IA is back this week and she's ratting me out. Biotch! I swear someone slipped me something, probably Babe wanting a little lovin', because I only had three and a half drinks over the course of 4 hours. I'm glad she's back, I can handle it so bring it on friends! 

I fell asleep last night after doing a little reading in bed with a killer headache. The reading excuse was for you the headache excuse was for Babe. Both are true, I promise.

I'm on a reading kick lately. I really haven't read that much since I jumped on the wet bandwagon and read the 50 Shades trilogy last summer. I did read The Lucky One before it was released in the theaters, I like to compare the two when possible, and after seeing the young, very hot and extremely buff Zac Efron on the big screen I consider myself the lucky one! That's why I read Safe Haven last week, in an afternoon, I hated putting it down to do the few mandatory SAHM duties I had on my to-do list. If you haven't read it it was good, predictable but still good. I'm looking forward to seeing Josh Duhamel bigger than life in a few weeks, that Fergie is a lucky girl! Then I rolled right into The Best Of Me, another book from Nicholas Sparks, that one took a little time for me to get into but once I was past chapter five I was hooked. Since I was on a reading roll I downloaded {I prefer reading on my iPad than a real book-go ahead hate if you will, my girls do} Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It was referred to me by my girl Becca after it was referred to her by her Momma. I had no clue what it was about I just dove in. Y'all it's about a mass shooting at a high school, the timing is bad with the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook but I've been sucked in and have been slacking on all other responsibilities since opening it.

Do you read? 

What do you recommend?

I've done this once before and it was fun so I think it's time to do it again. I will send one of you my paper copy of Safe Haven {Honey read it first and she must have paper in hand} with my name and blog address inside for you to read and then pass on to another blogger. It will be fun to see how far it travels. If you want it let me know in your comment and I will email you if your chosen requesting your address.

Thanks for excusing my tardy friends! Now link up your random since there's no rules with our TTUT party! 







15 comments:

Xazmin said...

I never read anymore. I seriously, seriously have a problem when I read. My household goes all to hell. And I mean seriously, no clean laundry, no meals, filthy house. I just keep reading, and cannot stop. So I've had to take a hiatus from my book-reading ways. I know there will be a a chance to get back to it once my kiddos are older.

I am a fan of Josh as well. But Zac, not so much. Sorry - I know you love him so.

Kenzie Smith said...

I know what you mean when it comes to getting sucked in to reading! It's hard to put the book down, especially if it's a good one.. and especially if you have to put it down to do housework. Reading is so much more fun!

I would love to read the book Safe Haven and pass it on!!

incognitusscriptor.com said...

I just finished The Hobbit but I have been out of the reading loop for a while; just too busy!

VandyJ said...

I would rather read than do anything. And I love just about anything as long as it holds my interest. I lean towards romance, fantasy and historic fiction.

Emmy said...

Oh me me!! I want it!! I have been reading a lot more myself lately too.

Something I recently read was Gone Girl-- story totally captivated me but did not like how many times the F word was used-- but I don't think that would bother a lot of people.

I love reading-- but don't try and do it too much as I have such a hard time putting a book down.

Mrs. Match said...

I read so much. I've challenged myself to 50 books this year, just so I can keep track. I think I read more last year. I read real books, and I am beginning to love the Kindle app on my phone. I can put library e books on it! So I don't judge. Reading is reading no matter what form you use. And the ipad is great for reading at night when Match is trying to sleep.

I just read Insurgent, book 2 in the Divergent trilogy and it was amazing. Sort of Hunger Games-ish. I highly recommend the series. Jodi Piccolo is a great writer but so many of her books were about chester the molesters that I just couldn't stomach them.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm a bookworm - have been forever. I'd love to be added to the list of the traveling book! :) You're tardy like my sister - we used to tell her to be somewhere a half hour to an hour earlier than she needed to be, just to make sure she'd be on time. ;)


Wishing for Snow, Valentine Unicorn Bouquet, Sore Throat Remedy – RTT Rebel

Stacie said...

Love to read. I have The Best of Me but haven't read it yet, maybe I'll start it next.

Julie Maloney said...

I'm staring straight ahead at a bookshelf full of books waiting for me to read them. My father sends me everything he reads (and that's A LOT) and I just haven't found the time. I hate reading during the day, the light bothers me and my husband can't sleep with the bedroom light on and it's the only place I'm actually comfortable reading so I just quit altogether. I'm seriously so disappointed in myself. Maybe I'll start bringing a book in at night when I go sit with my kids while they watch TV in their rooms.

Nicole said...

I've never heard of safe haven, but sounds interesting. I'm currently reading Under the Table: Saucy Tales from Culinary School by Katherine Darling trying to get wanting to go to Culinary school out of my system, but it's not working!

Impulsive Addict said...

I want to start reading again....but I usually crave sleep first. And I'm a little behind on my weekly People subscription. I should READ that first.

xoxo

PS. I've been in love with Josh since before anybody knew him. That's right. Back from his days on All My Children....

becca said...

i'm a total book worm and I just read Safe Haven awhile back good book i'm currently caught up in the Thirst series by Christopher pike

Megan W said...

I love love love reading - but it's been mostly magazines lately just because I don't have the time I want to commit to reading a good book. The most recent book I read was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's YA, which makes it a quick read, but it's amazing. Have tissues handy!

Other recent good reads were Gone Girl and Bloom.

Happy Reading! And I would love the change to read Safe Haven. The movie looks like good eye candy!

Myya said...

I've been reading more, mostly cuz Connie & Macey are making me more accountable. LOL.

I'll take Zac or Josh... no discriminating here! :)

Laney said...

I am a big Jodi Piccoult fan as well-My Sisters Keeper is a great one of hers as well, no mass shooting. Just finished Gone Girl and that was a jaw dropping book-a must read!

 
Blog Design by April Showers