Monday, January 7, 2013

TTUT ~ December recap

Seriously Shawn
 


2013. The future. driving cars in space, living on the moon, robot maids. Yeah, notsomuch.

Sorry that there was no TTUT last week, to be 100% honest with you with it being New Years day my partner IA and I just completely forgot. It's hard for me to admit this but blogging just isn't on my list of priorities any longer. I wish it was, I loved it when I was all in. I loved reading other blogs and couldn't wait to journal my life on mine and I met some very dear friends along the way but lately it's been more of a job than a fun past time and if you know me at all you know I'm slightly allergic to work. Run on sentence much? I'm not so sure what 2013 is going to bring for me as far as blogging is concerned so if there's anyone out there that would be interested in helping with TTUT please let me know as I may be taking a hiatus. I'm not sure what IA's intentions are since her in-laws are visiting we haven't been able to talk about it....

Since I'm a week late Emmy Mom has already closed her 10 Thing To Smile About but I still want to participate, just without linking up, because December was simply wonderful! In no particular order here's my list of smiles...

1. My Dad celebrated his 75th birthday. I'm too lazy to actually download the pictures off of my camera but I love, love, love this picture of him and my Mom with Honey on Homecoming night. He is such a wonderful, Godly man who had a less than wonderful childhood. Instead of making his children suffer through the same torment he did he broke the chain and gave my sisters, brother and I an incredible life. I love my Daddy!

2. Peanut turned 13, I am now the Mother of TWO teen girls. Her day started with a ride to school in style. She was less than thrilled with my antics but to avoid me beeping the horn the entire drive and through the car line she decided to tell me how much she loved me and ride to school without complaining and with a smile on her face. Smart girl!




3. Christmas was fabulous! I bought all new decorations for both trees and the dining room table, it was long over-due, as a gift to myself but my favorite gift this year came from Honey. She remembered me saying how much I loved this frame when shopping almost a year ago and went back to get it for me. It has found its home and every day, multiple times a day, I look at it and smile. She is one awesome daughter!


4. I rang in another New Year with the love of my life. This was the 26th time he was the first person I kissed at the start of a new year, a tradition I'd like to continue until the end of time!

5. In light of the tragic event at Sandy Hook I joined thousands of others in a walk to honor the victims. Walk 27 was a global event, a 27 minute walk in honor of the victims, I extended my walk to a little over an hour walking past all 4 of my local schools, stopping at each one to pray for the students and staff inside. I sent the word out via FaceBook and it spread like wildfire. There were close to 60 people walking with me that morning and although someone accused me of only wanting to get my name in the paper it was an incredible experience and one that I would do again. A local news crew came out to interview a few of the walkers as well as two local newspapers and I was interview via telephone by HLN. I was proud to be a part of the event and even though our walk will not change anything it felt good to show our love and support.



6. I celebrated Christmas with my two best friends and their children. Our girls are 18, 15, 13, 10, 8 and 4 and are just precious! I love them all like my own and am blessed beyond measure to have them in my life.





7. Honey was able to spend some time with her boyfriend. Why does that make me smile? Because she wasn't sulking around the house missing him, his college is about 7 hours away, but was instead, to quote Phil from Duck Dynasty, happy, happy, happy!

8. To celebrate Peanut becoming a teenager I took her to have her pictures taken like I did with Honey 5 years ago. They turned out beautiful and the studio is actually putting a few on display in the mall!







9. One of Peanuts Christmas gifts was a ticket to Illinois/Wisconsin to visit family for week. Seeing her face was priceless {still on the camera} as was watching her big sissy nervously watch her plane leaving the runway.


10. Our third annual girls weekend is on the calendar! Finally finding dates that work for all of us made me smile and breathe a sigh of relief. Now to find a plane ticket...


Coming soon...Tulsa

I hope your December was equally as wonderful as mine and that your 2013 is off to a fabulous start!








16 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Happy New Year! I'm so glad it's 2013.

I'm so sorry to hear that blogging isn't as satisfying for you as it used to be. You will be very missed, and I hope that when you get back from hiatus you will catch us up on your life.

Stacie said...

No, don't go! Your funny stories always make me laugh!

Love the birthday van!

incognitusscriptor.com said...

I didn't do it last week either; but I was siiiick with the flu. It sucked! happy new year!

Connie said...

Happy New Year!

I can't believe you have two teens already! Good Luck!

VandyJ said...

Good luck with the second teen in your house--if she turns out anything like her sister--you've done a good job!

Miss Angie said...

What a great year! Thanks for hosting and for always being awesome! You have such pretty girls!

Also the entries aren't showing up, it just says 8 entries so far...

becca said...

aw 13 Little Man will be there in March where does the time go

Cathy Kennedy said...

I know what you mean about your heart not being in your blogging. I was like this Christmas & New Year's week, but I didn't sweat not being here. I pre-scheduled some post and took the time off. Just enjoy yourself while blogging don't get too tangled up in the demand you put on yourself (I'm guilty of this, too). I'm just gonna try to find my place offering of myself when I can in Blogosphere and know that all of my lovelies will understand. Thanks for hosting, you're a peach & would be missed if you vanished for good. BTW, Peanut's photos are great. She could be a model, in my opinion.

Nicole said...

Soooo cool you guys are going to Tulsa. I should come crash the party... j/k :). haha. And you guys do such a wonderful job hosting this. If you ever need a fill in, let me know :) I can't believe you have 2 teenagers! Peanut's photos are awesome! She looks about 20... lol.

Emmy said...

You know sometimes life just gets more important and busy for blogging. But I do hope you stick around. Yea! So glad you did a Ten Things list. Sounds like your dad is an awesome man- anyone that can rise above their upbringing should be commended.
Love love the pictures of Peanut! And that frame Honey got you is beautiful!
What a great event you organized-- that day will forever be remembered- what a horrible tragedy.
Thanks for linking up

Emmy said...

Oh and I added your link for you :)

Xazmin said...

I loved reading your happy list today.

Sounds like your dad is an amazing person and father.

I love, LOVE all the pictures. And I know how you feel about blogging. Obviously - since I've been such a slacker!

You can't leave now that I'm just getting back into it though!

But really, I understand. I needed my blogging break, even if it was a super long one. When I would breathe out a sigh of irritation just at the thought of sitting down and trying to blog - I knew that I just needed to focus on the things that mattered the most to me at the time. I think I've found my way back to the enjoyment - but we'll see.

You were one of my first ever blog friends, and I hope you don't quit for good!

Chell said...

Happy 2013!

Hope you don't vanish forever! Love the blog! I am willing to help with TTUT if ever needed while/if you take a break.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Peanuts pictures!

OH! And the new picture frame. That is just awesome!

jennykate77 said...

I've seen and read about most of this on Facebook, but it was great seeing what's been going on! The pics are gorgeous! You already know how I feel about Peanut's 13th birthday pics...she's absolutely gorgeous and she looks about 4 years older than 13! I love the frame Honey got your for Christmas! So cool! What a sweet girl to remember to go back and buy that for you. Those are the best gifts!

I'm SOOOOOO excited that Tulsa is on the calender and on your post! Makes me so freakin' happy! I'm relieved that we've all settled on a date. Can't wait!

Miss you! ♥

MiMi said...

Peanut DOES look older than 13!! I'm with JK!

Gigi Baby said...

Awesome blog!! You have so many things to be blessed about! Honey and Peanut are growing to be such beautiful young women!! You are truly blessed!!

Love Always,
Gigi

 
Blog Design by April Showers