Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Yep, I'm a softball Mom ~ TTUT



Seriously Shawn

Yeah so I suck and so does my partner IA. Sorry we both flaked on y'all last week but it's summer and we were both on vacation. Your continued forgiveness is as always appreciated.

I occasionally brag about my youngest daughter Peanut and her softball team and I'm about to do it again so if Mommy blogs aren't your thing, this post will not be for you.

We just got home from a week long tournament in Orlando for the USSSA World Series and our girls SHOWED UP! They placed 7th out of 60 teams in their age bracket and 2nd out of the Florida teams. They faced rain relay after rain delay and had games start as late as 10:45pm. They remained focused, driven and united as a team. I couldn't have been more proud! 

We went into our final day of play undefeated and the highest scoring team in the tournament. We faced a tough team from Colorado and didn't play our best and lost our first game of the double elimination tournament. After another rain delay we won the second game of the day and then lost to a team from Arkansas who ended up taking second place in the entire tournament. I guess if the girls where going to be eliminated they at least were knocked out by a great team.  


We shared a 3 bedroom hotel with 2 other families and on the last night went out for a nice dinner. It's always nice for Peanut to take off her cleats and for me to wear something other than blue during a softball trip. I think this is the first picture were I see how much she looks like me, if her eyes were green she'd so be my Mini-Me!


The Coach is a real hardass, and also my hubby, but has graciously given the team this week off. Playing travel-ball in a state that allows year round play is a huge commitment and not just on the players part! Peanut will be enjoying her time off with a visit to my sisters farm in Illinois. My BIL gave her a horse {that will stay there until we find free boarding}and she is dying to get up there to see her. 


Honey and I will be enjoying some one on one time together this week. I'm very much looking forward to a spa day, shopping, sleeping in and just chillin' with my girl before we pack her up and send her off to college in just 3 1/2 weeks. 

Summer is rapidly coming to an end, what exciting things have kept you busy this year?









10 comments:

Xazmin said...

I love it! Being a sports mama is so crazy busy, but so much fun!

I love all the pics and what exciting accomplishments for your team! Yay Bandits!!

incognitusscriptor.com said...

I'd be pretty proud if one of my kids was amazing at a sport too; no harm in bragging. :)

Kenzie Smith said...

You brag all you want! That is awesome that you daughter does so awesome in sports!! Sounds like her team really kicked ass :D
I'm pretty dang envious that your BIL gave her a horse! Does he want to give me one too? Ha ha!
Have an awesome vacation!

Emmy said...

That is so so awesome how well she did! A game at 10:45! I can't even imagine having to play a game that late, that is crazy.

I hope she has a great time in Illinois.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Congrats to Peanut & her team for doing well! I def can see the mother/daughter resemblance in both of your daughters, but I also see your hub in them, too. You have beautiful girls!

Hey, no sweat-a-roo for not showing up last week in Blogosphere. We all understand. We. All. Have. A. Life. Beyond. Blogging. :D

Thanks for hosting the TTUT linky party! ;)

I am trying to get organized

Stacie said...

A proud Mom should brag, we don't mind!

TMW Hickman said...

You do not look old enough to have a daughter about to enter college!

Year round sports can be hard on a family schedule, that's for sure. Soccer seems to rule our house, on occasion. I would totally be okay with that, if it would just do the dishes once in awhile.

Miss Angie said...

I can't get over how cute you and your girls are! :D

VandyJ said...

She does look very much like you. Congrats to the team!

Mrs. Match said...

Congrats to Peanut! And your spa day sounds like a great way to spend quality time with your oldest. Can't believe she's leaving in less than a month!

 
Blog Design by April Showers